Where trips become an unforgettable experience – The District of Lörrach and its surrounding area feature plenty of fascinating destinations which are easy to reach by car and will provide unforgettable experiences for all age groups. Exploring history, hiking trips, swimming in the lake, bike tours or just enjoying the peace and quiet of nature – the tri-border region offers a huge variety of destinations and sights for your excursions.
- Exploring history at first hand: castles, palaces and ruins
- The mountain's call: climbing adventures
- Hiking in the region
- Lakes and waters in the District of Lörrach
- Underground explorations: caves and mines
- Cycling tours through Lörrach and its countryside
- Protected areas and exceptional landscapes
- Excursions to the Alsace and Switzerland
Sports und wellness
Do sports and burn off energy before you use our spa activities to recover - Go for it! The District of Lörrach offers an incredibly large number of sporting activities which you can round off with wellness and relaxation offers.
- Winter sports in the Black Forest mountains
- Sledding downhill on well-prepared slope runs – fun for all age groups
- Mountain-biking in the hills
- Paragliding above a beautiful landscape
- Climbing: The Black Forest is a paradise for summiteers
- Sports in and around the water
- Fun, sports & action in the region of Lörrach
- Sport clubs – doing sports in a team is even more fun
- Sporting events
- Thermal spas
Music and evening entertainment
People who are interested in music certainly will not fall short from expectations.
Different festivals feature genres like rock, pop, jazz, metal, classical music or blues – any music lover will benefit from this varied programme. You could even join one of the many brass bands as a member!
Night owls and pub-lovers can go out and dance by exploring a variety of bars and clubs. And last but not least there are numerous cinemas, film screenings and further interesting cultural events.
- Discos and night clubs
- Bars and pubs
- Brass bands
- Further cultural events in the District of Lörrach
Arts and culture
People who are interested in arts and culture will be surprised by the wide range of attractions within the region: Get a taste of other worlds by visiting one of the many museums, discover modern and traditional art in small galleries, temporary exhibitions or art museums, enjoy theatre performances or perform a role in it yourself – all this is possible! Cultural centres, both large and small, support a vibrant cultural life. There are also long-standing traditions like Fastnacht (that's how carnival is called here) which play an important role in everyday life throughout the year.
- Galleries and art exhibitions
- Cultural centres, associations and venues
- Traditions: Fastnacht and Buurefastnacht
- Traditions: other forms of lived customs
Enjoyment and shopping
Whether you enjoy culinary delights or love to go shopping – perhaps both at the same time – You will benefit from the region's fantastic opportunities. The traditional Baden cuisine features fresh and local dishes such as offered by so-called nature park landlords. There are also several different manufacturies which sell delicious homemade produce. The seal “Made in the Black Forest” stands for high quality standards and authenticity through a blend of tradition and modernity. The region's cosy inner cities, huge shopping centres, outlet stores and small boutiques make the District of Lörrach a shopping paradise – Enjoy the experience of strolling around!
- Baden cuisine, award-winning cuisine and Baden wine
- Schnapps distilleries
- Cafés and ice-cream parlours
- Farm shops
- (Weekly) markets
- Christmas markets
- Manufacturies and „Made in the Black Forest“
- Shopping centres, inner cities and especially beautiful boutiques
- Factory outlets
Destinations for families with children
Parents with children who live in the District of Lörrach can chose from a wide range of enjoyable activities, too. Come and visit the local leisure pools, zoos or indoor playgrounds. The area has a lot to offer for families. There are fantastic excursion destinations no matter what the weather is like – you and your family will never be bored!
- Swimming and aqua fun
- Particularly beautiful outdoor pools
- Theme parks
- Zoos and wildlife parks
- Visiting theatre performances with children
- The most beautiful indoor playgrounds
- The most beautiful outdoor playgrounds
- Museum visits with children: anything but boring
- Further interesting destinations for children